Saturday, November 12, 2011

Busy baker... lazy blogger (and some NSFW cookies)

I really thought that because I've been doing more baking that I'd also be doing more blogging. Wrong. So I'm forced to do another catch-up post.

Halloween
For Halloween, I made jack-o-lantern and ghost cookies. I made jack-o-lanterns to match my costume.


Bridal Shower
Technically it was a "wedding shower" since my work threw it for a male co-worker who got married today, actually. I broke out the wedding cake cutter again, and decided to make some simple wedding gowns and hearts, which were in the color of the bridesmaids gowns.


Bachelorette Party
Since I am now seven months pregnant, I could not attend my friend's bachelorette party in New York this weekend. Luckily we had a small dinner at her house before they left so I could hang out with them before they left. I decided to contribute some risque cookies. Definitely something I had never done before, but I really liked how they looked.


I've also been doing baking for the house, making sure to use whole grain flour in the recipes since that's what my ob recommended. Although I'm not sure she'd be too happy that I'm making whole grain chocolate chip cookies with the flour. I'm loving the Bob's Red Mill 10 grain flour. And that I can get 4 bags for less than $10! That's 6.5 pounds. I had wanted to try KAF's 9 grain flour, but it is $10 for 2 pounds. Maybe I'll wait to see if I get a gift card for Christmas for that.

Along with baking, I've been getting ready for the arrival of the little gentleman in approximately 9 weeks. Ahhhh! I can say that I must be in the "nesting" phase now as I'm really itching to get his nursery done, and I'm doing a lot more cleaning than I usually do. I also somehow got the energy to organize my cookie cutter collection. A super large Coach bag just wasn't cutting it anymore. Now, they are in nice plastic containers divided into categories and now live in one of the cabinets. It's so nice that I will no longer have to dump the entire bag to find what I want!

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Busy baker... lazy blogger (and some NSFW cookies)
    Great post I must say, Keep up the good work! I’m looking forward for more information on this issue.

    ReplyDelete