Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vanilla update

Last month, I began the process of making my own vanilla extract as Christmas presents for my friends. Well, it's been a month, and since then I decided that the three cups I started out with were not going to be enough, so I bought another bottle of vodka, and more vanilla beans. This time, I bought the beans on Amazon, which gave me 7 beans for $7.95. And it was free shipping and they arrived at my house in three days! Since I didn't have another large Bell jar for the extract, I simply added the beans to the vodka bottle. This second batch was made about two weeks ago. But you'll notice that the color of the vodkas are very similar. I think that they will be ready for Christmas, and now I just have to buy the bottles to put them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment