Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Cookies!

I was glad to have an opportunity to make Valentine's Day cookies. We attended a game night at one of my high school friend's house last night. Everyone was expected to bring something. And of course, I bring cookies. My friend Andrea brought beer bread which was yummy, and Jose brought homemade taquitos, also very good. I found out last night, that I am amazing at the PS3 game Singstar, and that Ron was not willing to do it with me. He cannot come out of his comfort zone. Grr. Anyways, the cookies were a hit, and I tried some different designs, deciding to do them all with "wet" designs, i.e. designs that are done while the flooded icing is still wet.

Marbled cookies


I decided to try zebra print, a la Sweet Sugarbelle. I need more practice with this design.

And a random swirly pattern. Though after I did these, I was immediately reminded of the Trading Spaces episode where Hildi painted a bedroom Tiffany blue and sprayed white "ribbons" all over the walls and bedspread. Remember that one?

 Some simple polka dots
 Some plaid and checkered pattern cookies. I really like how the white and pink plaid ones came out. I'm going to keep playing with plaid I think.
 And just a random design I came up with. Different.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment