Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A weekend of cookies

This past weekend was a busy one for me. Lots of cookie making, some for fun (the Superbowl) and others for "work." I was asked by my boss to make a platter of snowflakes for the Worcester Shakespeare Club! Finally a non-work or family related group enjoying my cookies! Last week during the snowstorm I made some snowflake cookies for my co-workers, and when my boss saw them, she asked for me to make some for her club meeting this week. Of course I obliged. While making these cookies, I thought "Snowflakes are nice, but what could I make that's Shakespearian?" Well, I made a book template and tested a couple. As you see, my piped writing needs some a lot of work, so maybe next time I will be able to make them.



Really, these were quick practice cookies, don't judge me. That's why they're only in brown and white. I didn't want to make other colors just for practicing (yes, I could have waited and decorated them when I did the Superbowl cookies, but I'm impatient and wanted to see what they looked like on Friday.)

Another request came in this weekend. I was asked to make cookies for the March of Dimes bake sale next month that my best friend's family contributes to every year. I'm not sure of the details yet, but I went about trying to make a March of Dimes logo cookie. It's an easy logo to create, and I made a template for the shape of the cookie. I know this won't be the final cookie, a. the logo's purple, and b. it's too simple. I think I may flood the cookie with white or lilac and then pipe the logo in purple.

(Don't mind the crumby counter)

After doing all of that, I decided I wanted Superbowl cookies. We just had a couple of friends over, and the girls had their "boyfriends" over to play with. I made Packers and Steelers logos which I thought came out pretty well... except for the fact that I should've had the icing a teensy bit wetter. Oh well, they were fun and pretty easy to make. It probably would have been harder if the Redskins or Panthers made the Superbowl. But it would have been pretty cool if the Cardinals made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment