Friday, April 1, 2011

Misc.

I was going to write a post last week about my recent trip to Flour Bakery in Cambridge, and my first attempt at her cookbook. I started writing it and realized how negative it was. Basically I wasn't impressed with any of it. I will do a more in depth review, but I decided I should have made more than one item from the book before I can make an educated critique. Since I'm going to be home with a post-op puppy all weekend, I should have time to bake!

So, since I haven't written anything lately, here is a condensed version of what I've been doing these past two weeks (baking-wise that is!)

Last Friday a friend of mine at work had to defend her Master's thesis. She passed with flying colors (not that I was worried) and so I decided to surprise her with some cookies! Guess where she's getting her degree from...


Here's a shot of the poptarts I made from the Flour cookbook. They look really good, taste is another story.



Speaking of looking good, I discovered the photo editing website Phixr (I guess this has been around for a few years, I'm just a little slow). Here are some food photos I played with on the site.


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear with what happened in your visit. Could it be only the wrong time?

    But anyways, the cookies are SOOOOOOOO delightful! Hahaha about the pop tarts! They sure look good though!

    ReplyDelete