Monday, September 26, 2011

The past five months

It's been a while. Almost five months to be exact. A lot has been happening, and nothing all at the same time. My kitchen is still not done. It's getting there, but there's been a lot of hiccups this summer keeping it from being finished. I'll update the progress on it soon. The other thing that's kept me from baking and therefore blogging... the fact that I'm pregnant. Now pregnancy does not mean I can't bake, but when morning sickness took over my life and I couldn't even keep water down, baking was the last thing on my mind. I didn't start feeling like a normal human being until the middle of August. (Side note: Zofran is one hellofa drug. It made me able to get out of bed in the morning.) So, in the past few weeks I've been baking again. Alot. I've been making a lot of sugar cookies. I'm actually working on an order for 250 cookies for a co-worker's daughter's wedding this weekend. I'll post on that after they're done. So, a few things I've been baking this month, plus one order I forced myself to do in June for a birthday party. Enjoy!

I made King Arthur Flour's Triple Cinnamon Scones. Very yummy. I did cut out some of the sugar by making only 1/3 the amount of filling it called for and they were still sweet.

 King Arthur Flour's Donut Muffins. Here I replaced some of the milk with some of their boiled cider. Just like cider donuts!!

Cookies for a friend's son's first birthday in June. I promised them to her before I was sick so I forced myself to make them. They're cute and different though.

For my bff Andrea's birthday a couple weeks ago. She's a dental hygeinist.

I bought a Massachusetts cookie cutter a couple weeks ago and decided to try it out. Don't mind the one in the lower right where Cape Cod looks a little droopy.
 And for Ron's birthday, I made some risque cookies! My first attempt at edible wafers on cookies. I found them on Etsy last month and decided to try them. They're really cute, although much smaller in real life. The images were less than 1 1/2 inches.

So I'm back. For now anyways. I'm sure in a few months I will once again have little time or energy for baking. But right now I'm a baking machine and will try to keep this thing updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment