Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's a barnyard symphony!

It's been a busy week of cookie making, and it's not over yet. Yesterday was my friend and coworker's first birthday party for her twins. She and her husband enjoy my sugar cookies and they asked me to bring some to the party. Since there was no theme, and she has a boy and a girl, I wasn't sure what to make. I thought about doing "boy" cookies and "girl" cookies on one platter, but decided against it. I then decided on a farm theme, animals and produce. I went to my stash of cookie cutters a few weeks ago to see what i had in a "farm" theme, not much. I had a small cow cutter, an apple and a carrot. I started searching online for cheap cutters, and luckily Sur la Table was having their after Christmas sale and I was able to snatch up 25 cutters for $.76 a piece! Not bad. I bought a barn, a rooster, a pear, a sheep and other cutters. I also decided to be a bit more professional in my decorating and invested in a set of piping tips and couplers, along with disposable piping bags. I did, however, decide to keep it simple with the flooding icing and use my trusty ziploc bags. I'm not usually a fan of my own work, but these came out pretty good. The twins loved them too, which was the best part!









No comments:

Post a Comment