Monday, October 25, 2010

whole wheat chocolate chip cookies

I had a thought last week. I've been baking bread and pastries like it's no body's business, but I haven't made a batch of cookies in months. I think the last time I made cookies was when I made decorated sugar cookies in August for a friend's 30th birthday.

It was time. Something I could make easily and bring into work (my colleagues love anyone who brings in goodies for break). Chocolate chip cookies. There was a recipe I had been wanting to try for a while. Martha Stewart's thin and crisp chocolate chip cookies.  I took my Martha Stewart Cookies book off the shelf and found the recipe. 2 and a half sticks of butter. WHOA. That seemed like a lot for a cookie recipe. And my workmates tend to favor healthy recipes (if I had made them, they would have been eaten of course). So I went online, and found a few recipes on the KAF website. I decided to make their "favorite" chocolate chip cookies, which uses white whole wheat flour. Since I didn't have enough for the recipe, I used half regular whole wheat flour and half AP flour, and left out the nuts as their are those who cannot have nuts at work.

The recipe says it makes 4 1/2 dozen. They must have made teeny cookies because my batch came out to just under 4 dozen, and I don't make big cookies.

They were a big hit, at home and at work. They didn't have that wheaty/nutty taste that some wheat goods have. I will definitely make this recipe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment